Sunday 28 September 2014

My Little Bit

The Australian Rules Football team I work for won the premiership on Saturday. Until last year I'd never been involved consistently in elite sport. I am now a very small part of one of the most successful teams in the history of this sport. Please understand, I know that my contribution to Hawthorn's success amounts to 0.0000005% and a couple of dozen custom neoprene finger stalls. I am not looking for, nor do I expect praise. Rather, I want to recognise, and thank the club and the other medical staff for their excellence and especially for including me as part of that team.
My 0.000005%

I'm about to head off to Malaysia for the International Society for Sports Traumatology of the Hand meeting. I can't recall ever being so motivated about a conference. I look forward to learning as much as I can, so that when the season starts again, I can bring new skills and help the boys go back to back to back! 

Look after those fingers, and GO HAWKS!!

Hamish


1 comment:

  1. On a flight to KL in an hour, there until Friday night. Text Sadie's phone if you get lonely!

    ReplyDelete